Sunday, July 7, 2013

What to do with wedding cards??



I'm moving back into my childhood home in Fairfield, and needless to say, space is limited. Matt and I are (finally!) squishing our living space together into one room, and it's proving difficult in some ways. To clear up some space I've been (more like, "I'm planning on...") going through things to consolidate and downsize how much we have to fit into a single small room. One box that was taking up space in the top of our closet was full of cards from our wedding. I hate keeping things like cards tucked away. I want to remember special events like my wedding and the people who came to celebrate with us. Yet again, Pinterest "pinspired" me to make a book out of our cards.


I made the cover out of cardboard. I wrapped it in scrapbook paper and added on a doily for decoration. I wrote the words on with a fine tip sharpie and covered the whole thing in packing tape to keep things in place and make it shiny. I lined up all the cards so that they were flat along the bottom and left side and can sit nicely on a bookshelf.

Definitely not a huge project, but it's definitely something I'm glad I got done. :-)


                         ;Wendy;

No comments:

Post a Comment