Saturday, July 6, 2013

Menu Board


I took inspiration (i.e. Pinsperation) from another blog to create a menu board for my family. This menu board allows us to plan for the week ahead. Each of us chooses 2 meals per week, along with sides/veggies, and the 7th day is leftovers. (The week shown was thrown off by us being out of town for a few days. Friday or Saturday is usually leftovers.) Once we decide which meals we will have, Matt and I can choose who will cook which nights dependent on our schedules, and our meals for the week are set!



I printed the menu cards on pretty scrapbook paper that I thought would look nice with the background of my board. Nice, right? I printed the name of the dish in a large print so that I can be seen from farther away, and printed the ingredients on the back. By making the ingredient list easily accessible, making the grocery list is easy as well. It can also help with Matt's picky-ness, since he can see the ingredients on the back to help him choose which meals he wants.


Main Dishes.
Yes, there are some extra special dinners from Trader Joe's.
I can't cook a full-blown meal every night!
Side Dishes are in blue. Veggies are in green.

All of the recipes used came from one of three websites: Weight Watchers Online, SkinnyTaste.com, or Hungry Girl. I printed out each recipe to keep in the kitchen so I don't have to hover over my computer screen while cooking. I definitely love my new system!

I made this one last night and served it over white rice; it was SO GOOD! Here's the link:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/10/crock-pot-asian-pork-with-mushrooms.html



                        ;Wendy;

No comments:

Post a Comment