Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Glimpse Into My Life


I can’t imagine many people will be reading this (if any), but, as I mentioned, I want to be able to look back. I was married in the beginning of the year to my amazing husband, Matt. He has been with me since our sophomore year of high school, and I can’t imagine someone being a better fit for me. We are living at my mom’ house currently with my mom and brother, until I go back to my apartment in Sacramento for the semester, leaving my husband and family back in Fairfield. Luckily, I have a family of friends in Sacramento who make that a little bit easier.

I’m ending my summer break to go back to CSU Sacramento to finish my second (and last) year of the Teacher Credential Program. I am going to be a Mild/Moderate Special Education teacher with a secondary credential in Multiple Subject so I can teach K-6. This coming semester I will be working in a 6th grade general ed classroom (I just found out it will be 6th instead of 5th), and I recently met my teacher and the students. I have seventy 11-12 year olds who I will get to know over the next sixteen weeks. So far, they have actually been surprisingly nice. I was expecting 6th graders to be full of attitude and sarcasm, but they really are just big kids. It's funny comparing them to the 1st graders I helped teach last semester. After having to hold 6 year olds hands through every step of any task, being able to tell these sixth graders what to do and having them automatically do it was CRAZY. 


No comments:

Post a Comment